Student Budgeting Tips at University
Now you are a university student and you are all welcome to a period where you will stand on your own feet and pursue your own responsibilities. It can be surprisingly easy to spend all your money on things you probably don’t need to ‘survive’ in college, and at the end of the month you can turn into a pasta, sandwich cycle. We can give you a few tips on the challenges these university students face. Trust us that all are true.
1. Calculate Your Needs: Gather your needs for a month to “survive e on a list. Care about and note the amount of money you spend each month for meals, tuition fees, textbooks, travel and stationery etc. You can prioritize your needs weekly to be more planned. Therefore, you can follow each step carefully.
2. Use Cash Instead of Bank / Credit Card: Using cash puts you back from making unnecessary expenses. Plus, you can have the control of your money. Remember: Some banks do not inform you when you start to exceed your credit limit. All you need is to be careful about banks.
3. Always Have Emergency Money: Remember that you are now alone. Your savings will rescue you when you face any emergency situations.
4. Download an Smartphone App for Your Budgeting your Money : It can really help students who have difficulty in getting an overview of their spending. Therefore, all of your cash flow recordings can be kept on your phone and reached at any time.
5. Follow Special Discounts for Students: One of the advantages of being a student is to have student discounts in many places. You never know when and where the discounts will come up. Always have your student card with you. There are tons of apps that will make your days better than ever.