What to consider when choosing a dorm
Dormitories are the most practical solution to accommodate your stay if you got into a university outside the city or if your home is far from campus. At that point, jow can you choose which dormitory is right for you? We have identified a few tricks for you to watch out for. Let’s see.
- Make sure it’s near your campus. Therefore, you don’t spend that much time on the roads. Instead of wasting time on the roads, you can enjoy your campus life more.
- Some private dormitories can be contracted with schools. Do not forget to look for these opportunities.
- Some dormitories have some advantages for the meals, while others do not. The dormitories with no dining options may have communal kitchen areas or in-room kitchens.
- Nowadays, the main problem of most dormitories is the slow internet speed. You should definitely check whether the internet speed of the dormitory is slow or not. In some cases, even sending messages via whatsapp can take hours.
- Pay attention to your dorm’s traditions, rules and attitudes towards students. Remember, it’s gonna be your house now.
- Do not forget to ask for “How often is the cleaning done?”.
- You can ask for laundry facilities and check if they are chargeable. Check if they have options such as renting a TV, a small freezer. As a result, the properties of the dormitory should meet your needs.
- Which capacity does the room have? Do they get the sunlight? You do not want to stay in a dark room.